To be eligible for admission, applicants must satisfy the General Entrance Requirements and the following programme-specific entrance requirements: *
- holding an honours degree in law or equivalent qualification; or
- having been admitted for professional practice of law in Hong Kong or other jurisdictions; or
- having obtained either a Common Professional Examination (CPE) of the United Kingdom or Hong Kong with satisfactory results, provided that a second class honours degree has also been obtained; or
- having obtained a Postgraduate Certificate in Hong Kong Law or Master of Arts/Laws in Arbitration and Dispute Resolution; or
- being proficient in English if they are applying for the English Module; or being proficient in English and Chinese (Putonghua) if they are applying for the Chinese Module.
the minimum English language proficiency requirement is as follows: ^
- a TOEFL score of 595 (paper-based test) or 97 (internet-based test); or
- an overall band score of 7 in IELTS; or
- a score of 500 in the Mainland China's College English Test (CET) Band 6; or
- other equivalent qualifications.
* An applicant who holds a legal qualification from a common law jurisdiction will not be eligible to enrol in the Common Law Stream.
- A TOEFL score of 595 (paper-based test) or 97 (internet-based test) or an overall band score of 7 in IELTS or a score of 500 in the Mainland China's College English Test (CET) Band 6;
- At least two letters of recommendation(optional);
- Personal statement
- Academic and / or professional qualifications (such as academic transcripts with explanations of GPA grading system showing the maximum GPA obtainable (e.g. A=4.0) if a 100-mark system is not adopted and award certificates, examination / English test results, etc.)
Tuition & Fees
Credit Units Required for Graduation：
Without Foundation Courses: 24
With Foundation Courses: 30
School of Law Admission Scholarship for the LLM Programme
There shall be three types of scholarships:
1. a maximum of 1 full scholarship to the value of 24-credit tuition fees, which equals HK$117,120;
2. a maximum of 3 scholarships, each to the value of 12-credit tuition fees, which equals HK$58,560; and
3. a maximum of 7 scholarships, each to the value of HK$30,000.
The number of scholarships and allocation of scholarships each year are left entirely at the discretion of the School.
All students who apply for the LLM Programme will automatically be considered.
Criteria for Award
The Scholarship shall be based on a consideration of relevant factors, primarily the academic achievements of the applicants. Applicants may be invited to an interview.
To receive the Scholarship, a recipient must:
1. accept admission offer, enrol in the LLM programme by paying all required fees and commence his/her study in Semester A 2017/18; and
2. (applicable to recipients of full scholarship and that of 12-credit tuition fees) undertake an academic load of minimum 12 credit units in his/her study in Semester A 2017/18 ; or
3. (applicable to recipients of HK$30,000) undertake an academic load of minimum 6 credit units in his/her study in Semester A 2017/18;
Recipients must maintain a good academic standing in the entire study period of LLM programme, complete the LLM programme and obtain LLM degree in due course.
Failure by any recipient to comply with any condition specified above will result in forfeiture of the Scholarship. The School of Law may also require a recipient in breach of the above to repay the money back to the School.
Upon the announcement of allocation result, applicants are required to pay a non-refundable and non-transferable confirmation fee before specified date to confirm their acceptance of offers.
1) Using internet HSBC payment gateway
2) Using credit card/EPS at SRO
Penalty Charges of Late Payment of Confirmation Fee
A charges of an additional HK$300 as an administrative charge for those students who fail to pay the confirmation fee on time and appeals subsequently approved by Student Residence Office
Get more information about housing at:http://www.cityu.edu.hk/sro/